Apprentice Mechanic NOVUS PROPERTY SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Novus Property Solutions are seeking an enthusiastic individual to carry out mechanical repairs on their range of fleet vehicles which includes light commercial vans and cars.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
03 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive & planned works as requested to Novus standards.
- Use authorised plant & equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Work flexibly across the repairs and maintenance service.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity by taking account of the needs of colleagues and service users and by treating other people with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, and tidying up at the end of a job.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Undertake health and safety training as required.
- Raise any safety concerns with a manager or supervisor. .
- Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required, and be capable of working independently in the final year of the apprenticeship.
- Represent the company when required at national competitions & career fairs and support CSR activities
- Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonably required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the company.
Requirements and prospects
- Practical skills
- Ability to follow instruction
- Literacy skills
- Numeracy skills
- Teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Interest in motor vehicles
- Hard working
- Quick learner
Ideal candidates will possess GCSE grades A*C in Maths, English and ICT (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
An advanced apprenticeship consisting of a Level 3 VCQ and functional skills in Maths English and ICT if required
Automotive retail > Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician [light vehicle]
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Martec
Sarah Bailey 01782 717272 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017