Apprentice Leisure Attendant Derbyshire Dales District Council
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Exercise and Fitness, working as an apprentice leisure assistant at Bakewell Swimming Pool.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
27 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Control of facilities including changing rooms and toilets.
- Giving trained assistance to customers to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities or equipment.
- Assembly and dismantling of equipment and undertaking other general duties as directed.
- Assisting customers in difficulty and carrying out emergency action as necessary.
- Undertaking regular training sessions as directed to ensure that competence is maintained at a high standard.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be expected by the Duty Manager and/or Leisure Centre manager.
- To carry out all duties with regard to their health and safety implications, crime and disorder implications, data protection implications, and their impact upon the Council’s equal opportunities and sustainability policies
- Ensure the security, safety and comfort of customers and staff.
- To clean and maintain the internal and external areas of the centre to a high standard following health and safety procedures at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to think quickly and clearly
- Adaptable to work demands
- Able to work unsociable hours
- Able to work well within a team
- Be self motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working within a sport and leisure/customer service environment.
- Experienced in working with members of the public
- Understanding the need for a high level of customer service
- Customer orientated
- Interest in sport
- Self motivated
- Friendly, approachable attitude
- Well presented
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ level 2 in Exercise and Fitness
Exercise and Fitness
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Poppy Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017