Nursery Practitioner Apprentice Chatterbugs Nursery
Full day care, private nursery, providing childcare places for children aged 3 months to 5 years. We are looking for individuals with the potential to become model practitioners, who show a passion for working with children from babies to 5 years.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
27 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Offering a fantastic opportunity for an apprenticeship at our nursery Collier Row. The nursery has a strong professional team who are passionate about giving children the best start in life.
The candidate would need to be motivated, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude. They would need to be caring, friendly and have a 'can do ' approach.
- Working alongside parents of children with special needs
- Planning activities for children
- Attend staff meetings as and when required
- Contribute to a programmme of activites suitable for a variety of age ranges
- Work closely and develop good relationships with the children and their parents
- You must have good communication skills and be able to work well within a team
- You will need skill to adapt into the different areas in the nursery
- You will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to benefit planning of activities
- A good standard of written work is required
Personal qualities: You must want to pursue a career in Childcare and be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and interaction with the children. You must also be: trustworthy, punctual, reliable, committed, motivated and polite with a smart appearance.
In return we will offer you an NVQ apprenticeship and during your training we will assist and encourage you as you strive to reach a high standard of professionalism and become a confident and knowledgeable practitioner.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability and motivation to study and gain childcare qualifications to Level 3
- Experience of caring for or working with children aged 0 – 5 in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Positive approach to learning
- Willingness to work in a team and take direction
- Ability to communicate with children and adults
- Caring nature
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above or Functional Skills level 2 in Maths and English is essential (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Children and Young People's Workforce
- Practical training to enhance college course
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Functional Skills ICT L2
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
HAVERING COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Havering College of Further & Higher Education
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017