Sports Coaching Apprenticeship Yew Tree Community Primary School
Working in a successful primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our children. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Sep 2017
26 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We’re looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful primary school. We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
- Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons – using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
We will help you to develop your skills working with children and in being part of school staff team. Monday-Friday.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong sporting background.
- Experience of coaching/working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to work with and inspire young people.
- Hard working.
- Professional attitude.
- Mature approach – able to recognise roles and boundaries within a school setting.
- Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Level 2 qualification in sport/PE/activity leadership or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Yew Tree Community Primary School
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Physical Education and School Sport.
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning.
- Opportunities to gain National Governing Body Coaching Awards.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2.
- Plus opportunities to attend additional qualifications (such as first aid).
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education
J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Ella Hudson 0151 609 1193 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017