Vehicle Body Repair Apprentice Autocraft Telford LTD
Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join them as a Vehicle Body Repair Level 2 Apprentice with the ambition to go on to do level 3 in Vehicle Paint. This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to kick start their career within the automotive industry.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
25 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Vehicle Body Repair Apprenticeship responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the level of damage
- Making decisions whether to repair or replace panels
- Removing damaged panels
- Repairing damaged chassis and panels
- Keeping logs of work carried out and keeping customers informed
Requirements and prospects
To become a Body Repair Technician, you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent practical skills
- The ability to work quickly but also pay attention to detail
- The ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Good communication skills
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have a keen interest in the automotive industry
- With a willingness to learn
- A can do attitude
- There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
Autocraft Telford LTD
- This course usually takes two years to gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2.
- To do this you'll go to a further education (FE) college, either on day or block release.
- The rest of the time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment
- You will shadow qualified technicians so that you are able to learn first-hand how to repair faults and damage.
- You will also get the opportunity to assist in the repair work.
- Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
- To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Training is delivered to suit the needs of every apprentice and their employer, where possible and includes:
- On-the-job supported study
- Distance learning and self-study
- Classroom sessions
- Off-the-job training
- Day release college training
Vehicle Body and Paint
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Remit Ltd
Matt Nightingale 01159 759550 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017