Catering & Hospitality Apprenticeship - Hospitality Apprentice - Level 2 Cafe Ruelle
Working in this busy café the suitable apprentice will be working within the kitchen and front of house area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the catering industry.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
26 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Applicants must be hardworking, good listener & communicator, can work well within the team and use their own initiative. In return the right candidate would be working with highly trained and motivated staff that will pass on their skills knowledge and expertise.
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen operation, to ensure that statutory obligations and Company standards are met, that a smooth, efficient service is maintained and that the product provided is of the highest standard.
- Adhere strictly to Food Hygiene Regulations
- Have knowledge of and follow Company and statutory Health & Safety, security and emergency procedures.
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas and to sign them off when completed.
- To maintain personal hygiene standards at all times.
- Adhere to prescribed standards and maintain a workload rate that is sufficient to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service.
- Ensure food items are delivered in the correct way and all items are checked and temperature at time of delivery is recorded.
- Ensure food items are stored correctly and stocks rotated and temperature recorded.
- Ensure Food items are handled, cooked and served correctly.
- Establish and use clear lines of communication with kitchen operation and with restaurant staff.
- Support all members of a team to achieve and maintain operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety, and ensure that there is minimal wastage.
- To deal with all customer comments or complaints and to pass on any relevant information to your Supervisor.
- Spend time working in all departments to get a good understanding of the whole kitchen
- Encourage the conservation of energy and recycling at every opportunity
- Come up with innovative ways of presenting food - advising Head Chef at all times.
- To meet and greet customers
- To answer the telephone
- To set tables
- To collect monies
- To clean the coffee shop/kitchen
- To serve food and drinks
- To clear away food and drinks
- Question, Question, Question.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application .
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Hardworking, be able to work long shifts being physically active
- Enthusiastic approach
- Excellent timekeeping
- Professional and presentable appearance
2 GCSE’s Maths and English Grade A-D or equivalent functional skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
Attendance at Barnsley College to complete an Intermediate level Apprenticeship in Hospitality.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017