Customer Service and Hospitality Events Apprentice Gingham Caterers Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for company undertaking varied Customer Service, preparing sandwiches/food and organising events. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team. You must have an interest in the hospitality and catering
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
26 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties of the role will include:
- Answering the telephone in a polite and professional manner
- Taking orders face to face from customers
- Receive incoming calls, directing calls and taking messages
- Liaising with colleagues and external contacts in a polite and professional manner
- Inputting Sales orders
- Producing correspondence and documents
- Maintaining records and databases
- Preparing various drinks and food as required
- Maintaining and preparing orders for delivery
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Using your creativity in the window displays to attract customers’ attention
- Preparing credit card and expense accounts
- Assisting in the arranging of both in-house and external events
- Identify venue requirements for an event
- Distribute pre-event documentation to delegates in accordance with the event plan
- Co-ordinate attendee responses within the agreed timescale
- Organising displays within the shop and displaying stock in a creative and attention grabbing manner
- Check stock and rotation when necessary
- Devising and maintaining systems
- Dealing with money and using the electronic equipment to record transactions
- Scanning event documents
- Your working week will include Saturdays and busy periods. There will also be occasions when you will be expected to work Sundays, this will be negotiated.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives of the company.
Requirements and prospects
- IT, organisation and presentation skills
- Confident and professional
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Flexible team player
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A desire to learn and show initiative
- Interest and knowledge of social media and multi-channel retail
- Creative and outgoing with good verbal communication skills.
- Should have an interest in sales and helping customers to find the best products
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Friendly and approachable
- Willing to listen
- Someone with a personality is a must.
- Should be friendly and helpful.
- Must enjoy meeting new people.
- Should be a confident individual who likes a challenge and can work under pressure
- Is able to work well in a team
- Should have a flexible approach and be willing to give 100% to all tasks given
- Must have ambitions to succeed and develop personally, professionally and academically.
- Organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to deadlines.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ - Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service – To be completed within 15 months from start date - It is possible for the candidate to achieve the qualification prior to this date. Evidence gathered and assessed in the workplace. This qualification is assessed in the workplace every 4 - 6 weeks, by appointment. Candidates who are employed can start this qualification anytime throughout the year.
The delivered classes will cover the following: understand their role within the business; develop knowledge and skills that will aid them to be effective at work, data protection, confidentiality, expected behaviour, policies and procedures to be followed at work, employment laws, general laws, health and safety responsibilities, effective team work, ways in which to improve, develop and understand how to provide effective customer service.
Delivered in college, during term time. Courses start April or Sept – on a Wednesday.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS -
MATHS LEVEL 1
ENGLISH LEVEL 1
(Exemptions may apply if a GCSE Grade C or equivalent has been achieved.
All Functional Skills classes delivered in college and online test taken.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 01484 437000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017