Apprentice Business Sales Assistant (Administration). RNEW LTD
We are looking for a hardworking, dynamic and outcoming individual. Someone who can work as part of a team to help our business grow. You will be in the role of a business administrator supporting the business in their work to supply electrical products from as little as 1 light bulb to a scheme for a new house build.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
26 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be joining a new and growing business in the supply of electrical products to the industry, your role will include:
- Maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Communicating with customers directly, via telephone and email.
- Management customer accounts.
- Providing customer quotations.
- Raising sales orders.
- Negotiating sales and contracts.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Developing knowledge of products and their uses.
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate (use of computers and commonly used software).
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Maintain a professional image at all time.
- Hard working.
- Be a team player .
- Maths GCSE or equivalent- desirable.
- IT GCSE or equivalent- desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
Next: What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records
- Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
Rebecca Parker 01539 814725 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017