Apprentice Chef ANDREA HUMBLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who really wants to learn and progress and really wants to be a chef and work in a busy catering environment. We are looking for someone who has either completed their first full year at college or somebody who has done there full two years and is looking for an apprenticeship.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
24 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Ensuring all menu items and specials are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification, Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
Assisting Head Chef with orders, stock taking, receiving and checking food deliveries and food hygiene. Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained. Maximizing the full sales potential of the business and ensuring high standards are maintained. You would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by head chef.
- Preparation of basic food.
- Unloading deliveries from suppliers.
- Organising the storeroom.
- Washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of a kitchen
- Have great communication skills
- Be creative for producing and creating new dishes and menus
- Passion for producing tasty dishes
- Be attentive and be able to work.
- Be attentive and be able to work in a small team.
- Being flexible and disciplined and able to interact and network with people
- Being industrious and diligent
- Being self-motivated and level headed
- Business savvy and organisation
- Communication, presentation and listening
- Controlling budgets and finance
- Intelligence and culture
- Project and time management
- Training and information technology
- GCSE grades A - C in English and Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
- The apprenticeship programme will last for 12 months and you will achieve a Level 2 Kitchen Services QCF qualification.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English (if required).
- You will be based in the employer’s workplace so you gain 12 months’ work experience, and the opportunity for an interview for a permanent role at the end of a successful apprenticeship.
Catering and Professional Chefs
PROFOUND SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profound Services Ltd
Sky Jackson 0191 587 4570 Sky.email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017