Food & Beverage Apprentice - Level 2 THE BELLS STEAKHOUSE LIMITED
Working in this busy pub/restaurant the suitable candidate will be working within the front of house area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the catering industry and really wants to get on the ladder to a long and successful career.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
24 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Hardworking, good listener & communicator, can work well within the team and use their own initiative and in return the right candidate would be working with highly trained and motivated staff that will pass on their skills knowledge and expertise. Excellent communication skills are essential due to the nature of this post
- To meet and greet customers
- To answer the telephone
- To set tables
- To collect monies
- To take food orders
- To clean the bar/kitchen/front of house area
- To serve food and drinks
- To Work behind the bar area
- To clear away food and drinks
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen operation when needed, to ensure that statutory obligations and Company standards are met, that a smooth, efficient service is maintained and that the product provided is of the highest standards
- Adhere to strict food & hygiene regulations
- Have knowledge and follow company and statutory Health and safety.
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas
- Maintain personal hygiene standards at all times
- Maintain a workload rate that ensures the kitchen/bar/front of house operation is efficient and avoid any disturbances to service.
- Work well under the instruction of head chef and other team members as a team and using your own initiative.
- Ensure the kitchen/front of House and bar area are kept clean and tidy, pots, crockery and utensils and glasses etc are cleaned and put away.
- To communicate well with other members of the team
- Have a true interest and passion for the catering and hospitality industry, patient and be willing to learn.
And any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by Management.
For the right applicant there is the possibility of a wage incentive dependant on performance.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application .
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker,
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative,
- Good communication skills,
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and at speed.
- Candidates must be flexible
- Be able to work long shifts on their feet,
- Enthusiastic approach to all aspects of work.
- Excellent timekeeping,
- Professional and presentable appearance,
- Able to work as part of a team.
2 GCSE’s at Grade A* to E or the equivalent functional skills qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
Delivery to be completed onsite and day release at Barnsley College, Student to complete an intermediate/ technical certificate in Food & Beverage
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017