Apprentice Room Attendant Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
The Four Seasons Hotel are looking for housekeepers to deliver seamless customer service to internal and external customers. Responsible for the cleanliness of allocated rooms in addition to replacing guest supplies, reporting maintenance issues, minibar stocking and consumption reporting.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
10 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations, and department procedures and policies.
- Dress in issued uniform and ensures a neat, clean, and tidy appearance at all times, adhering to the established Grooming Standards Policy.
- Report to shift on time. Aware of schedule at all times and if unable to attend work, notify the Supervisor or Duty Manager in adequate time and according to policy.
- Be fully familiar with Hotel Fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Responsible for collecting and signing for work sheet, and master key at the start of duty. Report any loss of key immediately.
- Clean and make up all rooms to the standard required by Four Seasons, by performing activities such as:
In the room:
- Arrange curtains and lights.
- Empty rubbish bins and ashtrays and wash them.
- Strip and make up the bed with clean perfect linen.
- Clean insides of drawers and wardrobes and replace supplies.
- Dust all furniture and surfaces carefully.
- Clean mirrors and pictures.
- Put in remainder of supplies.
- Vacuum and also arrange furniture.
- Clean paint-work.
- All embroidered/special linen to be brought separately to the linen room by the House Porter or Room attendant
In the bathroom:
- Remove dirty linen. Replace with clean linen.
- Empty and clean rubbish bin.
- Clean toilet and bidet (when there is one). Spray, scrub, let sit, rinse and dry.
- Clean bath, surround and shower curtain. Spray, scrub, let sit, rinse and dry
- Clean washbasin. Spray, scrub, let sit, rinse and dry
- Clean mirror.
- Replace tooth glasses and supplies.
- Clean floor.
- Wash paintwork (door and frame).
- Remove all rubbish from bins and ashtrays and wash them.
- Stripping and remaking beds (if used) with fresh linen.
- Turn down bed to the required standard.
- Bedspread to be folded neatly placed in the bedspread bag and put away in the appropriate place.
- Replace ice in every room.
- Replace all used glassware.
- Pull TV out and place remote on table.
- Close curtains completely in winter and half way in summer after 8 p.m. close completely.
- Replace all guests’ supplies and check all.
- Leave bedside light beside telephone on. Replace any bulbs if required.
- Wash and dry any areas used in the bathroom.
- Replace any used towels and amenities.
- Report to Housekeeper any defects found in the room.
- Call Room Service to remove any trolleys or trays.
- Responsible for reporting any malfunctioning equipment or maintenance issues.
- Immediately report and hand into Housekeeping Office any property or guest keys found in ‘check out’ rooms.
- Responsible for keeping guest doors closed whilst servicing the guestroom and using ‘Housekeeper in room’ card.
- Carry out any other cleaning duties as specified by your Supervisor.
- Keep Service and Linen cupboards tidy and correctly stocked, and closed at all times when not in use.
- Ensure working equipment is always clean, tidy and in good working order.
- Be responsible for reporting to Supervisor the rooms which do not require service or which have DND signs in his/her assigned area.
- Restock minibars to agreed standard and report consumption accurately.
- Report to Supervisor any blankets, bedspreads, valances etc. that need changing.
- Complete spring/deep cleaning of rooms or any other cleaning duties as specified by Supervisor.
- Have a completed knowledge of Hotel and Spa Product and Services.
- Communicate hotel services to guests when requested by them.
- Ensure Guest Recognition is well executed.
- Report to your Supervisor anything or anyone suspicious.
- Report to the Supervisor anything which may be a Health and Safety hazard.
- Complete accurately the control lists at times as advised by your Supervisor.
- Report any missing items from rooms e.g. bathrobes, soap dishes etc.
- Be aware and make full use of recycling facilities within the service areas.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic spoken English communication required
- Previous cleaning experience helpful
- Well presented
- Hard working
English and Maths GCSE grades A - D/3-9 or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job training to gain a Level 2 customer service practioner, alongside study with Farnborough College of Technology leading to an end point assessment at the end of the programme.
The programme will consist of knowledge, skills and behaviours/attitude.
Where appropriate, you may also need to attend Functional Skills English and Maths workshops and sit exams.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Farnborough College of Technology
Fran Egerton 01252 407448 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017