Dental Receptionist Apprenticeship Goyt Valley Medical Practice
The dental receptionist will provide full clerical support to both surgery and patients and operate the computer/appointments system. Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or dental professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
22 Aug 2017
24 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or dental professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Contribute to the process of instrument decontamination.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
The dental receptionist will provide full clerical support to both surgery and patients and operate the computer/appointments system. Welcome patients and their visitors in to the practice in a friendly and professional manner either in person or via the telephone. Receive patients from surgery at the reception area.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Filing post in dental records
- Scanning correspondence onto patients’ dental records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Taking receipt of monies and recording it correctly on patients’ notes
- Balance cash and card payments at the end of each shift
- Receiving patients consulting with members of Practice team
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Process appointment requests for future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Have working knowledge of telephone system
- Answering the telephone and dealing with any queries
- Registration of new patients
- Process patients’ change of address or contact details
- Sending correspondence to patients / hospitals as required
- Deal with visits requests
- Use of patient information management system to maintain the appointment book and patients’ dental records (full training will be provided)
- Use of Microsoft office
- Use of e-mail
- Stocking of surgery sundries
- Ensure building security – have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Any other tasks allocated by managers
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
Participate in audit where appropriate
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Customer Service experience not essential as full training will be provided.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Good Teamwork.
- Good dexterity and coordination.
- Excellent time-keeping.
- Caring attitude.
- Friendly personality.
- Honest and reliable.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Good standard of Education (GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths).
Things to consider
About the employer
Goyt Valley Medical Practice
- Level 3 Customer Service
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- First Aid at Work
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
START TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by START TRAINING LTD
Sophia Fredrickson 0161 728 2438 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017