Apprentice Hairdresser Pure Hair Salon
Pure Hair are looking to recruit a Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice in their salon in Lightwater. Duties will include general upkeep of the salon, shampooing, assisting stylists, greeting and prepare clients and promoting services and products. Some reception work may also be required. As your skills develop you will be given more responsibility.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.50
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
19 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Greeting clients and visitors to the salon, as well as handling enquiries by telephone
- Playing a key part in preparing clients for services, including: refreshments, magazines, gowning and general comfort
- Ensuring every client is happy, comfortable and informed throughout their visit
- Listening to the needs of clients and informing colleagues of any relevant information
- Engaging in meaningful and relevant conversation with clients
- Keeping up to date with fashions and trends in the hairdressing industry
- Following all health and safety procedures
- Wearing the required personal protective equipment
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the service being provided; this may include removing colours and blow drying under supervision
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Promoting the salon's brand principles
- Striving to meeting training plan targets
- Completing all work set by trainers and assessors in the agreed timeframe
- Putting into practise what you learn
- Sourcing suitable models for training and assessment
- Contributing to the promotion of a pleasant and positive salon atmosphere
- Supporting new colleagues
Requirements and prospects
- Can work effectively as part of a team
- Can remember and follow instructions
- Can anticipate the needs of others
- Can manage their time efficiently
- Pay attention to detail
- Work safely
- Punctual and reliable
- Resilience and determination
- Well presented with attention to personal grooming
- Passionate about hairdressing
- Willing to work hard
- Able to stand all day
- Pleasant personality and friendly
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Motivated and keen to learn
Ideally GCSE grades E - A* in English and maths or equivalent for example Functional Skills
Things to consider
About the employer
- In salon training towards NVQ Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (if applicable).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
INTER TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Inter Training Services Limited
Margaret Coker 02392 591 666 Margaret@its-ltd.net
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017