Engineering Apprentice Roscomac Ltd
Great opportunity for 2 Engineering Apprentices to join our team to carry out various mechanical engineering roles to include CNC, milling, lathe work.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Sep 2017
18 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
ROSCOMAC is a well-established, high volume, engineering company based in Worthing. We supply complex quality precision engineered components to a variety of industries. With significant skills gaps across the sector, there are excellent career opportunities for those that learn the role and sector.
We have a great opportunity for 2 Engineering Apprentices to join our team and under the guidance of our experienced operators you will gain the relevant skills to enable you to undertake the following duties:
- Produce components in accordance with production schedule.
- Report any know faults, product quality or Health and Safety issues.
- Be involved in continuous improvement cell reviews weekly.
- Carry out 6S housekeeping actions.
- Ensure machines are regularly maintained under a TPM schedule.
- Clean down work are and machines daily.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manufacture and identify product in accordance with the relevant controlled documentation and drawings.
- Ensure compliance of components by utilising appropriate calibrated measuring equipment.
- Identify and report any non-conforming product and perform rework as instructed by appropriate documentation.
- Ensure all products are handled and stored in accordance with required specifications.
- To be involved in continuous improvement initiatives which will enhance throughput and deliver the product quality and service levels required to meet our customer’s needs.
- Ensure compliance with the required Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and supported initiatives to develop HSE best practice.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in accordance with a TPM schedule and report anyfaults that could impact quality and service levels required to meet our customers’ needs.
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills, ability to take instruction, willingness to learn and understand all parts of the machining process.
Can do attitude and ability to take instruction.
GCSE Grade D or equivalent or above in Maths and English. An understanding of science and physics, specifically materials would be beneficial.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will study the Level 2 Engineering Manufacture - Operator and Semi Skilled Framework. This includes Health & Safety, Roles and Responsibilities and a Technical Certificate. Candidates that do not hold GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT will be required to sit Functional Skills in these subjects
Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northbrook College
Angela Crane 01903 273126 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017