Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship Arthur Jackson & Co
To help support the team to deal with clients, covering reception and supporting with other Administration duties.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
18 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Answer incoming calls-record the name of the caller , the time of the call and the memeber of staff they wish to speak to in the telephone log book
- To pass clients from reception to an avaliable Fee Earner , Assistant secretary or law clerk whenever posssible and as smoothly and efficently as possible.To take clear messages form clients in circumstances where the appropriate person to take the call is not avalaible.
- Make appointments for clients using the electronic diaries.
- Greet clients , log their arrival time in the client log book and inform the Fee Earner that their client has arrived .Also log details regarding the time the client goes in to a fee earner and the time they leave.
- Deal with potential new clients coming in for advice by asking tyem to complete ' new client questiionaire' .If we are able to deal with the matter seek a Fee Earner avalaible or arrange a more convinient appointment at a later date
- Deal with clients wanting to make payments by informing a member of cash office the clients name and whether they wish to make payment by cash , cheque or card.
- Deal with clients who are bringing in their ID regarding a conveyancing transaction by making certified copies and ensuring that any utility bills are no more than 3 months old.
- Deal with telephone queries from people enquiring what areas of work we undertake .Signpost them to another firm if we dont carry out a particular area of work.
- Log staff members in and out fo the office.
- Ensure that the firms post is correctly franked for Royal mail or stamped for DX and ready to leave the office at 4.45pm each day.
- Take the post at 4.45pm each day.
- Be responsible for collecting the DX post on certain days.
- Carry out hand deliveries to another firm or local court
- Ensure that any cheques / cash are taken to the firms bank at 2.45pm each day.
- Photocopy documents when requested to do so by Fee Earners or thiwer secretaries.Ensure all pages are copied correctly and are returned to the fee earner of their secretary as soon as possible.
- Deal with the archiving of files.
- Respond to requests for the retrieval of files, Wills, Deeds form storage.
- Ensuring that the firms stationery stock is replenished
- To carry out conflict checks where neccessary.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the areas of work the firm deals with and also what each Fee Earner speciliases in.
- Ensure documents brought into the office by clients are directed to the correct Fee Earner as soon as possible and if necessary provifde a receipt.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communictaion skills
- Customer service skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Friendly & out going
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work using own iniative
A-C Grades in Maths, English & ICT or equivelant
Things to consider
About the employer
Arthur Jackson & Co
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills ICT
Business and Administration
DEARNE VALLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dearne Valley College
Shirley Kay 01709 513147
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017