Apprentice Administrative Assistant Ignite Plumbing and Heating Supplies Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take on the role of an Administration Assistant to work in the offices of a busy distributor of plumbing and heating supplies.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
18 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will work as an Administration Assistant, reporting to the Branch Manager in the provision of general administrative support services.
- You must ensure that your duties are carried out to the required standard and to be aware of and maintain confidentiality.
- Duties include telephone work, incoming and outgoing mail, word processing, using e-mail and updating databases and recording information, reception work and filing.
- Receive incoming calls in a friendly way and deal with enquiries from clients if necessary, open and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail, and efficient use of PC skills.
- Email will be used for sending and retrieving messages and is a vital part of the communication system.
- Accurately record information and data into bespoke databases and using document management system to input, access and retrieve information.
- You will also be required to carry out your own specific duties and be responsible for your own time management of this and have the ability to work with all levels of Management Staff and to provide other general administrative support in specific areas of work as designated by the Branch Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate clearly both written and verbally with good listening skills.
- Able to work within a clear policy of confidentiality.
- Positive commitment and ability to work on own initiative and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills and able to use word processing, email and spreadsheets.
- Well organised and capable of maintaining efficient systems.
- Able to manage and prioritise own work effectively across different departments.
- Enthusiastic approach to the use of IT and willingness to undertake training in order to ensure the competency level required for this role.
- Someone who is enthusiastic with a proactive approach and willingness to learn with a positive attitude.
- Must have an approachable and friendly manner and someone who enjoys communicating with people.
- Must had a methodical approach to tasks with good attention to detail.
- Must be confident in working with product codes and numbered stock items.
- GCSE grades A-D in English and Maths or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 1 Business Administration or equivalent.
About the employer
Vocational work experience with a local employer with support from the assessment team from Palmersville Training for underpinning knowledge, theory and portfolio work. Assessments will be carried out in the workplace and learners will work towards NVQ L2 Certificate in Business Administration. To achieve a full apprenticeship framework through the CFA learners will also work towards Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT, as well as Business Administration Technical Certificate and Employers Rights and Responsibilities.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnardos-Palmersville Training
Gillian Childs 0191 2701133 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017