Intermediate Hairdressing Apprentice Rebekah Charmaine Zilpah Chew
Would you like the chance to become a fully qualified Hairdresser for a successful business based in the lovely seaside town of Torquay? You will be fully supported throughout your Apprenticeship by the employer and PGL Training as the learning provider. The opportunities of working for the Salon are endless.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
18 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting clients and greeting them into the salon in a polite and efficient manner.
- Answering the phone and making bookings onto online and paper base diary.
- Informing clients about new products and latest offers via email and phone.
- Making refreshments for clients.
- Providing a shampoo service.
- Ensuring that the salon is nice and clean at all times.
As you progress you will become involved in styling, colouring and cutting. You will have the chance to attend the PGL Training Hairdressing Academy one day a week for your training. Attending the Academy will give you the chance to practice your Hairdressing skills on real life models. You will also be assigned our own personal Assessor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship.
You will be assisting Stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist Stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
By assisting the Salon Manager and the Stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career. You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful applicants will need to be able to work as part of a team.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- Good customer service skills.
- Openness to learning new ideas and techniques.
- You need to have a real passion for the business, be friendly and willing to work hard.
- Good sense of humour.
- Be aware of health and safety issues.
- Good practical skills.
- Being able to follow instruction by your Manager at all times.
- Kind and polite.
- Being able to hold an interested conversation with employers.
- Familiar with current trends within the Hairdressing and Fashion Industry
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing
- A friendly personality to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
- Creative and efficient.
No formal qualifications required however the willingness to learn is essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma Hairdressing
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today