Apprentice in Health & Social Care Sunderland Care and Support Limited
This excellent Apprenticeship opportunity will enable you to work towards a level two or level 3 diploma qualification in Health and Social Care. You will gain unique experience, insight and skills of working within a range of high quality services that supports vulnerable adults.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Dec 2017
13 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sunderland Care and Support is one of the largest health and social care providers in the North East.
The role for this apprenticeship is richly varied and could involve working with people with a range of care needs.
Duties will include:
- Supporting vulnerable adults who use the Telecare service.
- Assisting people who use our services with personal care needs and helping them to maintain and achieve maximum independence, while also maintaining their dignity.
- Assisting with the delivery and fitting of equipment to assist in maintaining daily living skills
- Understanding the role of the equipment warehouse and maintaining stock levels along with refurbishing and servicing returned items.
Working at weekends and some Bank Holidays
Requirements and prospects
- To provide practical support and equipment to assist people to remain independent in their own homes.
- To provide appropriate support with personal care as required.
- To display good communication skills in a range of situations and settings
- To work as part of a team to ensure that people receive the highest quality service.
- To work flexibly on a rota, including weekends, bank holidays.
- Applicants should be committed, caring, and flexible along with having an interest in working in health and social care.
- A willingness to undertake training as part of the role
- A willingness to work with adults
- Friendly, professional and respectful approach
- Adaptable, flexible and motivated
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Patient and empathetic.
A good standard of education is required. Applicants should be willing to improve their Maths and English skills as part of the apprenticeship if required. Anyone with a degree is not eligible to apply for these positions.
Things to consider
About the employer
Full NVQ & Technical Certificate training will be provided along with Functional skills if required.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Sunderland College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017