Plastering Apprenticeship Luke Stacey Mather
Luke Mather Plastering are looking to take on an apprentice to join their busy team.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
12 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a plasterer, you apply different kinds of plaster to internal walls and ceilings so that they are ready for decorating. You could also cover outside walls with coatings, such as sand and cement render or pebble-dash.
As an apprentice you will be expected to learn a variety of plastering and construction skills, you will learn how to mix the correct ratio of plaster to apply to walls and buildings, this will include learning how to skim and render correctly. You will also be expected to use a variety of equipment safely.
You will be shown how to skillfully use a hawk, trowel and other specialist plastering tools in order to complete jobs to a high standard.
Requirements and prospects
- You will be highly motivated to achieve your apprenticeship in plastering and have a genuine enthusiasm for all trades in construction.
- You will also be able to take instruction and work as part of a team as well as being naturally polite and courteous.
- The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humour, be driven to succeed in the plastering industry and have good attention to detail.
- You must be willing to learn and progress.
- The successful candidate does not need to have A*-C Grades in English and Maths or equivalent but this would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate would be able to work towards Functional Skills in both subjects.
About the employer
Luke Stacey Mather
The Apprenticeship in Plastering includes:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plastering.
- Level 2 Diploma in Plastering.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1).
- Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test – CSCS Test.
- Emergency First Aid.
- Certified Health and Safety Course.
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding.
Attendance is required at our training centre for one day per week. Your training will consist of part knowledge and part theory, whilst the rest will be practical. During this time you will be shown the necessary hand skills required to use specialist tools, carry out duties such as plastering and skimming, rendering, dry lining work, floor screeding and fibrous moulds. Learning these skills will benefit you on returning to your employer.
You will also have the opportunity to complete additional qualifications in Emergency First Aid and certified Health and Safety, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Skills Group will also support you to complete your online CSCS test, in order to apply for your CSCS Card. This will enable you to carry out site work with the employer when required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017