Apprentice Drawing Office Administrator Advanced Doors Ltd
Advanced doors is a manufacturer, supplier and installer of security roller shutters and hinged doors. This fast paced environment calls for a drawing office administrator, the candidate will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking, be friendly and engaging and have good attention to detail.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
12 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As well as general day-to-day activities such as answering the phone and screening emails the candidate will need to:
- Send drawings for approval / comment
- Request detail & sort through relevant engineering steelwork drawings
- Find out if we have enough detail to draw orders
- Help sales with enquiries about steelwork requirements
- Book-in surveys and site meetings
- Learn hinged doors and draw on Illustrator (would be proficient after 6 months)
- Learn Solidworks spec sheets and how to draw roller shutters and other door types (over a longer period of time)
- Stock allocation and data input
- Production works tickets for factory manufacture
- Update price lists following a recent rise in steel cost
- Production Bend drawings for canopies & flashings using a press brake (drawing only)
- Eventually become a third draughtsman / designer
- Other duties will be introduced and these will be over a period of time
Requirements and prospects
- Use all common office programs proficiently
- Organisation and good time management skills
- The use of Adobe illustrator would be beneficial
- Hard working
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
GCSE Grade E or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
The successful candidate will need to complete a Level 2 NVQ Qualification in Business Administration along with Functional Skills in Mathematics and English dependent on GCSE results or equivalent.
Business and Administration
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Business College
Amanda Costello 01484430433 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017