Hairdressing Apprentice Mathew Stewart
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take on the role of a Hairdressing Apprentice to work in a busy modern salon. A flexible approach to learning and adherence to dress code is required
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a hairdressing apprentice you will work as an apprentice assisting the senior stylist in the provision of client services and after care. This will include assisting in the client consultation and advising clients on the full range of services and products available and to advise clients on services and after-care. Duties will also include:
- Customer hospitality
- General housekeeping
- Maintaining a high standard of dress, attendance and timekeeping
Housekeeping duties will be required to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment with the requirement to maintain a high standard of dress and PPE.
A flexible and enthusiastic approach to learning is required as well as being well organised and capable of working as part of an efficient team. You will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills in hairdressing and hair products and to take part in training sessions.
Requirements and prospects
- Well organised and capable of working within a professional and efficient team
- Able to communicate clearly both written and verbally with good listening skills
- Positive commitment and ability to work directly with the public
- Able to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment
- Enthusiastic approach to the hairdressing industry and a willingness to undertake training in order to ensure the competency level required for this role.
- To follow industry specific Health and Safety Laws
- Someone who is enthusiastic with a proactive approach and willingness to learn new skills in hairdressing with a positive attitude
- Must have a methodical approach to tasks with good attention to detail
- Have a positive and caring attitude towards people with a professional and approachable manner and able to communicate confidently and positively with clients both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to follow the company’s dress code and image
- GCSE A- D or equivalent
- NVQ L1 Hairdressing or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Vocational work training with a local employer Assessments will be carried out in the workplace and learners will work towards NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing. To achieve a full apprenticeship framework learners will also work towards Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1. Learners will attend Palmersville Training for underpinning knowledge; theory and portfolio work
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnardos-Palmersville Training
Gillian Childs 0191 2701133 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today