Apprentice Bricklayer JAG CONSTRUCTION (MIDLANDS) LIMITED
The National Construction Academy has fantastic opportunities for hardworking and driven people to work as part of bricklaying companies, constructing commercial and private developments. The chance to join one of the highest demand sectors in the country, with the opportunity for long term career progression!
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Aug 2017
11 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Through the apprenticeship programme you will be taught by a qualified member of staff who will teach you the skills and knowledge you need to know to successfully complete the qualification.
- The successful apprentice will learn how to use all the specialist hand tools, machinery and power tools associated with this role.
- You will need to show attention to detail when cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs.
- You will be shown how to use all the power tools and specialised cutting equipment safely and correctly by a qualified member their team.
- You will be involved in applying and sealing foundations with materials that are damp-resistant and spreading and removing excess mortar.
- When working with bricks you will also learn how to inspect vertical and horizontal brick alignment.
- You will learn how to build arches and brick structures along with repairing and restoring brick structures, supporting with the maintenance of our existing academies.
Requirements and prospects
- Reliable and a good time keeper
- Ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Adaptable to weather changes
- Keen to succeed
- Hardworking and have some experience of the trade.(Although this is not essential)
- You need to be willing to learn and have a genuine interest in the construction trade
- Must be a good team player and have the ability to get on with all people at all levels
- Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
JAG CONSTRUCTION (MIDLANDS) LIMITED
The Apprentice will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship for trowel trades.
The qualifications consist of:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying
- Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Level 2 Functional Skills
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today