Apprenticeship in Business Administration Matthew Murphy Electrical Services Limited
Business Administration Apprentice Level 2 wanted for a small, friendly electrical company who coordinate jobs for 6 electricians. The main responsibilities will include; booking jobs, taking calls, ordering materials, spreadsheet management, filing, typing, collating and reporting data and stationery ordering. Full training will be provided.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
11 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Matthew Murphy is 3 years old and has grown from 1 person to a team of 10 in that time. They are looking for a responsible, reliable and mature administration apprentice to join their small office team who will help them to grow the company by delivering great customer service.
The office can be very busy with the electricians calling with queries, customers calling to arrange appointments and emails from the business customers requesting works to be carried out.
You would be responsible for taking phone calls and booking appointments or helping the caller, if you can. If you are unable to help there will always be someone with you who can. Your role will include responding to emails where possible and to file the emails using the systems.
The Apprentice would also be responsible for updating our customer database with each new customer, ensuring all details are correct.
Matthew Murphy would like to you to develop a system to track the amount of materials that are used by their electricians and whereby they can fill their stock room with the correct materials.
The office regularly has visitors and the apprentice would be responsible for making sure they know where the facilities are, fire exits and offering beverages.
The Apprentice will type up simple quotes ensuring spelling, grammar and punctuation are correct.
Slowly as you progress your role will encompass more responsibility and in turn a salary review will be conducted.
The above responsibilities are not definitive.
Requirements and prospects
- Good level of literacy
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Great timekeeping skills
- Positive attitude.
- Confidence communicating in a male driven environment
- Desire to be part of a close, supportive team
- Good level of English and Maths (C and above in English and Maths)
- ICT qualification desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprentices are allocated an Assessor who visits the apprentice in the workplace approx. every 4 weeks. Visits include some 1 to 1 time, observation of the learner working as part of the assessment and feedback process.
The Apprenticeship is made up of the following components:
- Diploma (Level 2, 3 or 4) - this is the practical and technical based component where the apprentice demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge to meet the required national standard. Exams are taken for each module of the Certificate.
- Functional Skills, if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English and Maths. The Apprentice builds up a portfolio of both to show they are able to effectively communicate and use numbers in the workplace. Each Functional Skill is assessed by an online test and a portfolio of evidence. The level of Functional Skill will depend on the level of the apprenticeship.
- ERR (Employment Rights and Responsibilities). This component is used to make Apprentices aware of their employment rights and responsibilities. The apprentice completes this component in question and answer format in a workbook.
- PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) comprises of six groups of skills that together with the Functional Skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These are; managing one's self, managing relationships with others, managing one's own learning performance and work. These are embedded within the other components of the apprenticeship framework.
Business and Administration
CITY COLLEGE BRIGHTON AND HOVE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Brighton & Hove
Hayley Warne 01273667788
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017