Apprenticeship in Hairdressing Philips Hair Salon
24-month Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
11 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice hairdresser to undertake a 24-month course that includes a Hairdressing Diploma at Level 2/3 and the new Hair Professional standards. Employed four days in the salon and one day training at the Academy, including some weekend working expected.
Your role will also include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment. Assisting qualified hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision.
- Good Customer Service and Communication skills are vital in this role.
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach.
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail.
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role.
- You must be self-driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance is essential
No qualifications required as full training will be provided.
Things to consider
About the employer
Philips Hair Salon
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Hair Professional standards
- Functional Skills in Maths and English as required.
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Philips Hair Salons Ltd
Paul Dickinson email@example.com
We encourage application from people with disabilities or who represent an ethnic minority group.
A usual working week on an apprenticeship will be 30 - 40 hours, up to 8 hours per day, which will include Saturdays and a late night.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017