Health and Social Care Apprenticeship ALEXANDRA SPECIALIST CARE LIMITED
This Leading Care Home has one vacancy for an apprentice within the Blackpool based care home for a Health Care Assistant. Working within our homes, you will deliver all aspects of care to the residents.
Closing date: 09 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Sep 2017
13 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The varied and fulfilling nature of this role requires people who have excellent communication skills and who feel confident establishing and maintaining relationships with people of all ages. A desire to contribute to the enhancement and enrichment of our resident’s daily lives is essential. Previous qualifications and experience are not considered as important as personality and commitment as full training will be provided in company and through a Level 2 in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care, supported by our experienced vocational delivery team.
- Showering and bathing
- Dressing and grooming
- Toileting and continence care
- Clearing the table, washing up and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Helping the customer to plan what to eat and drink
- Gentle encouragement and help to eat and drink well
- Safeguarding matters
- Contact with families or carers and other professionals
- End of life care
- Hospital appointments
- Liaising with community health support and families
Requirements and prospects
- A friendly approach and the ability to put clients at ease, whatever their physical or social needs
- The ability to be tactful and sensitive at all times
- A good sense of humour
- Respect for the client and their families
- A high level of patience as shifts can be long and often stressful
- A good knowledge of basic health care and hygiene standards
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to deal with aggressive or anxious clients
- A responsible and flexible attitude to clients and the job
- Manual dexterity and a certain level of physical strength
- Good stamina
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- A commitment to the job, the client and their families
- The ability to think quickly and solve problems as they arrive
- Supportive, encouraging and patient
- Responsible/ Respectful
- Good interpersonal skills/communication skills
- Genuine concern for the welfare of others
About the employer
- QCF Level 2 Health and social care
- Functional skills Maths, English and ICT
Health and Social Care
Y TRAIN LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Y TRAIN LTD
Chloe Munt 01253808387 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Sep 2017