Apprentice Chef Boston West Golf Centre Limited
An Apprentice Chef is required to provide quality hot and cold food in a consistent manner, ensuring best practices in relation to the quality of product and service at all times.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
06 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To provide support to main Chefs:
- To work under direction to ensure all food preparation procedures adhered to
- To ensure that all health & safety and hygiene procedures are strictly adhered to
- To work in an efficient and timely manner to assist the team in meeting company standards for bar, restaurant and function food
- To ensure all equipment is cleaned and put away after use
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene and wear uniform as directed by Head Chef
- To carry out all duties as directed by Head Chef and Sous Chef
- To work in other areas of the business as may be required from time to time
Reporting to the Head Chef
Requirements and prospects
- Some understanding of basic health and safety and food hygiene
- A passion for cooking
- Hard working
- Team player
English / Math's Grade D or Grade 4 or above or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship framework consists of several elements which have been identified by employers as the skills you need if you want to find work in the Catering and Hospitality industry.
These elements are:
- Maths - Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved.
- English - Level 1 or Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved.
- ICT - Level 1 or Level 2 is a requirement of some Apprenticeships unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved.
- ERR - Employee Rights and Responsibilities, which includes health and safety, equality and diversity as well as employment legislation.
- PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, which includes team working, creative thinking and reflective learning.
- *Vocational Element (Knowledge) - most Apprenticeship frameworks include off-the-job study for a technical certificate which is usually done at College.
- *Vocational Element (Competence) - all Apprenticeships include on-the-job training and assessment leading to a competence based vocational qualification.
- *On some frameworks, the knowledge and competence elements are combined into one qualification.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
Anita Howard 01205 365701 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017