Apprentice Hairdresser Zest
As an Apprentice Hairdresser with Zest you will work towards a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
06 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Hairdresser you will help contribute to the salons growth by providing excellent customer service and delivering a quality hairdressing experience to customers throughout your training.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and welcoming salon customers into the workplace.
- Assisting hair stylists in everyday tasks.
- Reception duties to include making appointments and consulting with clients.
- Assisting the stylists with a range of tasks and enhancing your knowledge of different hair techniques.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy throughout the working day.
- Helping with other various duties around the salon.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable at the time.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work well in a team
- Friendly, relaible and punctual
- Good administration skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication and listening skills
- Well presented
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good customer service
- Passionate about hairdressing industry
A good level of education in English and Maths
Full training will be provided
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
As part of the Hairdressing apprenticeship, the successful applicant will need to attend an induction session plus a literacy/numeracy diagnostic at a County Training centre.
In addition learners will attend the County Training Hair Academy once a week for 12 weeks to complete the knowledge aspect of the qualification, followed by a further 12 fortnightly practical sessions.
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017