This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to gain experience and qualifications in a Front of House position and will gain a broad range of hospitality skills in a busy hotel and events venue. The right candidate will have opportunities to specialise in one or more disciplines.
Front of House Service Apprentice
Closing date: 14 Jul 2017
£168.00 - £225.00
Predominantly weekend & evening work, with some weekday day work. Total working week hours: guaranteed 30 hrs, may increase Start time: Depending on age and role 0700hrs Finish time: Depending on age and role 2300 hrs From 7.00am until 23.00pm
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Jul 2017
06 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for an 18+ apprentice to gain experience and qualifications in a Front of House position and will gain a broad range of hospitality skills in a busy hotel and events venue.
The right candidate will have opportunities to specialise in one or more disciplines.
This is a Front of House service post and will include:
- Assisting and setting up for weddings
- Giving quality customer service
Other duties will include:
- Food and Beverage Assistant (Waiting on tables,providing drinks service and other bar work)
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Reception duties
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- To have good organisational skills
- To be able to use their initiative – some of the time you may need to think on the spot
- To be creative and bring lots of new ideas
- To have good communication skills, to listen to instructions and communicate with others
- To be able to work well within a team
- Previous hospitality experience - desirable
- Honesty and reliability - essential
- Willingness and ability to work hard – essential
- Good appearance and bearing – essential
- Tidiness - essential
- Ability to fit in with the team - essential
- Customer service orientation – essential
- Warm outgoing personality – desirable
- Good organising skills - desirable
To have GCSE Maths and English at grades A*-D or hold equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship full time employment and opportunities for advancement are available for a successful candidate The salary will increase inline with the Wroxeter Hotel's 'skilled rate'
Things to consider
Travelling to work: NB The Wroxeter Hotel is out in the countryside, there is little public transport and shifts can end at antisocial hours. Own transport or very supportive family or friends may be essential. Because of the requirement for bar work, the person must be 18+. The person will be expected to cover all aspects of hospitality as required. From April 2017 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
Hotel and event venue
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services
- BTEC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality & Catering Principles
- English & Maths Functional Skills at level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearse 01952 642452 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2017