Administrative Assistant Apprenticeship Heygarth Primary School
Are you enthusiastic, driven and love communicating with people from all walks of life? Do you want to work in an office environment that is different every day? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Sep 2017
06 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a PA you will act as first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the school and will provide excellent organizational and administrative support to the schools Business Manager and Head Teacher.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- Be directly involved in the preparation of meetings and events
- Answering phone calls
- Organising and Managing diaries
- Provide general office support to head teachers and Business managers
- Organising and attending meetings
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Taking dictation and minutes
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff
- Maintaining school online systems
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Understanding of confidentiality is a necessity
- Punctual & Reliable
- Work well on their own initiative
- Smart appearance
- Able to relate to people on different levels
- Willing to listen and learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
GCSE English & Maths (minimum C preferred) or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Heygarth Primary School
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business & Administration
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration
- Functional Skill in English at Level 1
- Functional Skill in Mathematics at Level 1
- Functional Skill in ICT at Level 1
Business and Administration
J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Ella Hudson 0151 609 1193 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017