Business Development Apprenticeship - Slough Howdens Joinery Ltd
To ensure that all Depot administration is processed and completed effectively, efficiently and in the timescale required to support the team and maximise sales. Ensure all customer queries are answered in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable manner
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Aug 2017
05 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of service
- To deal with enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way, effectively communicate the products and services offered by the company
- To answer the telephone and develop relationships via the telephone enhance sales potential
- To generate customer leads and increase account base via telephone contact and mailing Depot promotional literature
- To ensure that you maintain accurate records of whom you have contacted, so that progress can be measured and relationships developed. You will need to understand whom you are going to call and why in advance of doing so.
- Industry & product knowledge:-Actively reading internal publications on an on-going basis in order to update and enhance product knowledge.
- To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals
- To encourage and participate in effective account management, with the use and knowledge of the WEK reports.
- To undertake the responsibility of banking as and when necessary, following the procedures in the Depot policies and procedures manual
- To provide the Sales Representative and New Business Sales Representative with qualified leads and appointments
- To liaise on a regular basis with the Sales Representative/New Business Sales Representative and Depot Manager to develop the trade account base
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the store. Ensure 100 % compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and expectations
- To assist with any other reasonable request in order to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the depot
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, but outlines the salient points of the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels including Managers
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and suppliers
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Pleasant, friendly manner in order to clearly articulate Howdens Joinery products to the public
- Organised and committed approach, with positive attitude to work
No formal qualifications required just a genuine interest in the area and a passion to succeed.
Things to consider
About the employer
In light of this, they have shown growth over the years and are currently in the top 150 companies in the UK. The vision of the business is to develop an additional 200 depots nationwide in the next few years.
Howdens Joinery Ltd
This is a work based apprenticeship with regular visits from an assessor to aid in the completion of a Level 2 in Trade Business Services, Functional Skills if required.
Trade Business Services
THE REAL APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Real Apprenticeship Company
Recruitment 01926298030 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017