Apprentice Front of House, Café Assistant SHREWSBURY DIOCESE COMMERCIAL CO LIMITED
Exciting opportunity at a brand new Café in Shrewsbury, overlooking Town walls. Looking for two Front of House Assistants to support in the day to day running of the café. Ensuring a warm and welcoming customer experience, with the highest standard of food and drink delivery, ensuring customers want to return time and time again.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
£141.75 - £246.75
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Nov 2017
05 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To support, assist and deputise for the Chef/Café Manager, monitoring all food, service and health and safety requirements regarding the day to day smooth running of the catering operation at Shrewsbury Cathedral.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To liaise with and support the team in serving food and drink whilst ensuring a high quality service delivery is achieved at all times.
- Complete any training necessary in order to be able to complete your role in a professional, efficient and safe manner.
- To ensure all daily operational health and safety procedures in own area of responsibility are followed.
- To assist in the cafés set up, operate and close down procedures are followed as required – e.g. kitchen, café and event/meeting catering within the Cathedral and/or its grounds.
- To serve and assist customers, ensuring customer experience, service and care is of the highest standard.
- To carry out any cleaning duties required and the work stations are clean, hygienic and tidy at all times.
- Observe licensing laws at all time and ensure you follow any instructions given to you by line manager.
- To report any faults or inadequacies which could affect security to your line manager immediately.
- To ensure you follow the compliance guidelines of all health and safety and food safety regulations.
- To report any issues relating to customers, food safety and health and safety.
- To take payments from customers.
- To conduct yourself in an orderly, honest and sober state at all times in the undertaking of these duties and any others, which may be required from time to time.
- To take a proactive role and suggest ideas and ways that the café could develop the catering offer and income generation opportunities.
- Carry out all reasonable requests made from time to time by senior management which enhances the centre’s reputation and service to the local community.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in a busy café, bar or retail environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Knowledge of good customer service and how to deliver this.
- Confident, friendly and approachable.
- Polite and well mannered.
- Ability to talk to customers.
- Hardworking and flexible in your approach to work.
- Happy and smiley personality.
- Previous Hospitality qualifications desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Diploma
- Technical certificate
- Functional Skills Maths
- Functional Skills English
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
SHREWSBURY COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Shrewsbury College of Arts & Technology
Helen Hurdley 01743 260406 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017