Lighting Technical Engineering Apprentice Philips Lighting Controls
Provide technical lighting product support to customers inside and outside the Lighting business To work in a supported environment whilst gaining skills and knowledge to help the apprentice attain their National Vocational Qualification.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
03 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Undertake a development programme leading to a National Vocational Qualification in Engineering as part of an Apprenticeship
- Answer customer queries on Philips Lighting products in a timely manner
- Learn about current and legacy lighting technology in order to better support customers
- Provide administrative duties e.g. using the Complaint Registration Tool to accurately record all product related complaints.
- Liaise with and support the product marketing team as required.
- Assist in preparing project specifications from LiaS designs or competitor specifications.
- Attend weekly workshops and complete necessary coursework and assessments.
- End-point assessment e.g. a portfolio, observational assessment, written or multiple-choice tests, or production of a project.
Requirements and prospects
- Solid IT skills including Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Outlook
- No previous employment required, however a background in engineering and/or customer service would be beneficial.
Essential Skillset Requirements/Qualifications:
- Satisfactory GCSE attainment (English, Maths and preferably Sciences included)
- Resident in England
- Seeking full-time employment
- Not qualified already to full degree level
- Reliable and fast learner, capable of independent learning
- Passion for enhancing their own business and commercial knowledge and skills
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to use numbers for various calculations and pricing
Candidates should have a good standard of education including mathematics & numeracy
• 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Maths & English and a science
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job training and attendance at Farnborough College of Technology one day per week during term time only to complete the following:-
1. NVQ3 Extended Diploma in Engineering - Technical Support pathway (Level 3)
2. Technical Certificate: BTEC Diploma in Engineering (Level 3)
3. Functional Skills: English, Maths & IT Level 2
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Farnborough College of Technology
Fran Egerton 01252 407448 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017