Apprentice Chef TFSOCIAL LTD
This is an exciting role within a brand new bar and bistro opened in 2016 in Boston Spa. Joining an exceptional team within this fresh environment, you will be provided with the chance to “earn and learn” in Boston Spa’s newest eatery whilst working towards a nationally recognised qualification in Food Production and Cooking (Kitchen Services).
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
03 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An enthusiastic, well-motivated and well-presented apprentice chef is required to join a new bar and bistro in Boston Spa to support the head chef with food preparation and cooking of authentic pizzas, sandwiches and brunch. Tomfoolery will serve Gourmet Brunch until 2pm and Wood Fired Pizzas and Antipasti through the evening until 9pm
Duties will include:
- Assist the head chef in preparation of food, cooking and service in the kitchen
- Making fresh dough and preparing all pizza ingredients ready for cooking
- Cooking pizzas using the wood fired oven
- Unloading deliveries from suppliers
- Ensure the kitchen and all food preparation areas are clean, hygienic and organised at all times.
- Wash kitchen appliances, surfaces, walls and floors.
- Use a variety of different kitchen appliances such as automatic mixers, knives and cutters in a safe and responsible way following correct safety procedures.
- Complete kitchen documentation
- Minimise all kitchen wastage and maintain stocks.
- Pot washing and keeping the kitchen tidy
- Attend training sessions
Requirements and prospects
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and be self-motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants should also have good time management, have a positive approach to learning in the workplace and be passionate about food.
- You must have the ability to think on your feet and use your own initiative.
- To be an Apprentice Chef, you will need to be able to carry out tasks quickly and competently.
- You will need to follow instructions, you will also need to use your initiative and work in a team.
- No previous qualifications are required for this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Apprenticeships are delivered in the workplace. You will be allocated a Teaching & Learning Co-ordinator (TLC) and will have access to our on- line study area where you will find all your assessment materials. Your TLC will provide you with personal tutorial support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
- Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
- You will be working towards the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Food Production and Cooking (Kitchen Services)
- Functional Skills are at level 1 or 2. in maths and English..
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities are delivered via a workbook and completed in the workplace.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills are embedded in the main qualification.
Catering and Professional Chefs
FW SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FW Solutions Limited
Rebecca Warden 01423536672 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017