Customer Service Apprentice Institute of Credit Management
The Awarding Body Apprentice will assist the Awarding Body Administrator in ensuring the efficient operation of the Institute’s assessments so that these are carried out in a positive customer-focused way.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
03 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The major features and responsibilities of the post will be:
- To assist in assessment administration by sending out entry forms, inputting assessment entries, and collating and despatching stationery to centres, including embedded assessments.
- To assist in the receipt and initial check of scripts, and to issue these to assessment teams.
- To assist in the administration and organisation of standardisation meetings, and the production of sample papers.
- To assist with the clerical check of marked scripts, results entry, and producing and mailing result letters, including embedded assessment processes.
- To help produce and co-ordinate assessments, examination question papers, past question papers, and other assessment documentation required for Assessment Board meetings.
- To assist in the administration of the assessment results enquiry service.
- To help store assessment documentation and condense the archive according to awarding organisation policy after each assessment series.
- To deal with specific enquiries relating to the above and with general enquiries on education and membership matters.
- To be responsible for sending out end-point assessment/gateway packs and updating Awarding Body documentation.
- To assist with communication plans and organizing Awarding Body mailings as and when required.
- To assist in the preparation of CICM Certificates
- To assist with Awarding Body social media plans and updates.
- To assist with updates to CICM website as and when require.
- To develop and maintain efficient, responsive customer-focused links with all members and potential members of the Institute.
- Be aware of the current business of the Learning and Development department and to assist with any aspect of its work as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador for the Institute and take every opportunity to enhance its professional reputation and expertise.
- Contribute to and help maintain a high working morale within HQ.
- Adopt a flexible approach to the work of the Headquarters and provide cover where, and when, necessary.
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in qualifications and an appreciation of issues related to assessment administration.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- High standard of accuracy with good attention to detail.
- A customer-focused and positive outlook.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- A willingness to learn.
- Confident and able to work independently and part of a team.
- Calm under pressure
- Positive and flexible attitude to work.
Minimum Maths and English GCSE grade C or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Transferable Skills as required
NEW COLLEGE STAMFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Stamford
Sara Fraser 01780 484300 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017