Apprentice Nursery Nurse KIDDIE KLOUD DAY NURSERY LIMITED
The nursery are looking for a Level 2 qualified candidate to continue their training onto the Advanced Early Years Apprenticeship. As an Apprentice you will contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in Kiddie Kloud Day Nursery.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
03 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to provide full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, eg training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, eg preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind Kiddie Kloud is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialed the report before the parent receives it.
- Look upon the Nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure each child is collected by someone known to Nursery.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To be aware of Kiddie Kloud’s safeguarding children policy.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key person.
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child.
- To ensure the Nursery is of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of Kiddie Kloud nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To complete any additional tasks that may be given at the discretion of the managers which are not included above.
Requirements and prospects
- Be familiar with the EYFS curriculum
- Be confident in planning and delivering activities with children
- Be able to communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents
- Enthusiastic about further developing a long term career working with children
A previous Level 2 Childcare qualifcation is required i.e. Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce. GCSE Grades A-C in Maths and English woulod be desirable for the role.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner. Functional Skills Level 2 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved. All training is delivered in the workplace.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017