Volvo Cars Service Technician Apprentice Parkside Volvo
A fantastic apprenticeship opportunity within the Volvo Cars Dealer Network where you can learn and develop both new and your existing skills in an exciting and challenging role - best of all you'll earn while you learn!
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
03 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Candidate’s daily duties will involve:
- Marking out & measuring, basic hand tools
- Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Body materials & construction
- Engine mechanical
- Cooling and lubrication, air & exhaust
- Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
- Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
- Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
- Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Be very safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Desire to work in a results-focused environment
- Take responsibility to keep your product knowledge up to date and relevant
- Flexibility to work within workshop opening hours, including weekends
- You will need 3 GCSEs or equivalent at A-C, especially Maths, English, ICT or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Over the 36 – 40 month programme you will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician and receive the following:
- At work training supported with coaching and assessment
- Instructor led training at Volvo’s Training & Development Centre at Daventry
- Online learning modules (+ other elective sessions if you wish)
- Webinar based modules
- Qualification unit assignments: completed by self-study/in dealer study
- In dealer and web based assessments towards your qualification
Automotive retail > Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician [light vehicle]
CALEX UK LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Volvo Training & Development Centre
Aidan Tierney email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017