This is an ideal chance for someone who is looking to develop a career in Sales by taking that first step onto the ladder. The Apprentice will be involved in working with and supporting the sales team and developing their sales and customer service skills in a growing technology company.
Sales Support Apprentice
Closing date: today
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Working days: Monday - Friday Start time: 9.00am Finish time: 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Jun 2017
31 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sales Support Job Purpose:
Undertakes administrative job duties as it pertains to the sales department. Utilises skills to make certain that all sales people have the proper equipment or literature to do their job. Meets with sales employees to make new plans regarding sales or how to improve the job.
Sales Support Job Duties:
- Generates and processes new sales leads as necessary
- Answers phone calls from customers and deals with problems as they arise
- Takes sales information and puts it into an easily readable format
- Follows up with customers to make sure that they are satisfied with a particular product
- Makes sure that sales persons are on track with sales goals
- Meets with other departments to make sure that sales people are doing their job correctly
- Provides any necessary data or reports to the sales team
- Exerts attention to detail, as customers may have the same problems; reports the problems as necessary
- Arranges appointments with clients and sales team
- Acknowledges customers by responding to emails, texts, and phone calls
- Updates all contact information for clients
- Deals with any customer complaints and resolves the issue as necessary
- Arranges travel and accommodations for any sales person that is meeting clients outside of the office
Does any necessary administrative work including filing reports or presenting sales team with necessary documents
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Consumer Relations
- Ability to deal with Consumer Complaints effectively
- Crisis Management
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Skills
The successful candidate will need:
- To be a ‘people’ person
- To be time oriented
- Attention to detail
To apply for this position, you will need to have at least level 1 in English and Maths.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be opportunities for full time employment with the company dependant on performance throughout.
Things to consider
Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be contacted by Telford College and invited in for a face to face interview as part of our screening process. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices from the 1st October 2016 is £3.40 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by this age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate for their age. From the 1st April 2017 the apprenticeship minimum wage is increasing to a minimum of £3.50 per hour.
About the employer
We are one of the UK’s leading retailers of high quality refurbished electrical products. Digiland also buys and sells huge volumes of refurbished goods around the World. The company is based on the Stafford Park industrial estate approximately 1 mile from Telford Town Centre.
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Sales (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Sales
- Key skills in English & Maths required at L1
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Sales and Telesales
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Carol Bailey 01952 642271 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today