Intermediate Activity Leadership - PE & School Sport Apprenticeship. Christopher Joiner and Christopher Hunt
The PE & School Sport Apprentice will be responsible for assisting the planning, preparation and delivery of high quality PE and sport provision to children and young people in an education and community environment. All candidates must be comfortable with delivering a variety of different sports and developing into a PE Specialist.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
03 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The PE & School Sport Apprentice will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the planning and preparation of PE & sport provision
- Assisting with the delivery of high quality PE and sport provision to children and young people in an education and community environment
- Evaluating sessions to recognise and develop improvements
- All candidates must be comfortable with delivering a variety of different sports and developing into a PE Specialist.
- To undertake such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post, and to assist the organisation in the fulfilment of its overall objectives, commensurate with the post holders contract
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to motivate participants
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to create a learning and progressive environment for participants
- Use time efficiently and effectively
- Observe and analyse
- Plan and evaluate sessions
- Use of Word and Excel.
The following are not required however please let us know if you have one of them:
- Level 1 NGB Sports Coaching Qualification in any sport
- Sports Leaders Qualification
- First Aid Qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
- 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- OCR Functional Skills in Maths and English if necessary.
SPORT STRUCTURES EDUCATION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SPORT STRUCTURES EDUCATION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Leah Brown 07917 388 173 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017