IT Helpdesk Apprentice Sharp Business Systems Uk Plc
SBSUK are looking for someone who wants to progress their career within an IT Helpdesk environment, this role will allow you to demonstrate your skills in providing reactive and proactive resolution support and advice to Sharp’s customers and Sharp technicians.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
30 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The IT Helpdesk apprentice will provide first class customer service at all times. Offering first line technical support for user administration, email, Microsoft Office applications, desktop computers, thin client terminals, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Logging and taking first line support calls.
- Performing first line diagnosis and support.
- Carrying out administrative duties eg. Daily Checks, Procurement of equipment etc.
- Monitoring and tracking progress of calls.
- Contact customers and attempt to resolve incidents via telephone and/or remote connection
- Provide telephone and email support to all internal Sharp users
- Record issue details in the solutions helpdesk logging system
- Replicate issues internally and escalate via the software supplier as necessary
- Escalate unresolved problems according to predefined procedures
- Undertake regular training to maintain and gain skills as required by the business
- Work effectively in a small team, supporting colleagues as required
You will need to be able to interact and show excellent communication skills, face to face or by telephone with users in all departments and at all levels in the organisation. The ideal candidates will have an enthusiastic and positive approach, excellent customer service skills and be able to work in a high pressure environment.
Requirements and prospects
- A strong interest and a good understanding of electrical /mechanical engineering
- GCSE grade A*- C in Engilish, Maths and ICT
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Familiarity with Windows and Apple operating systems
- A full UK driving licence would be an advantage
- Always aiming to provide first class customer service
- Has the ability and drive to learn, work hard and complete the challenging employer led apprenticeship.
- Personable, able to communicate clearly, fluently and concisely
- Someone who can work individually and as part of a team
- Have a long term aspiration to join a successful company and be part of the technical team
- Creative problem solver and who ensure Sharp stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Have a williness to learn
- Ability to manage course work and a job
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Infrastructure Technician Standard
- CompTIA A+
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Scarlett Uttley 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017