ICT Technician Apprentice Edit Concepts Ltd
An outstanding opportunity to join a team of experts delivering ICT solutions and technical support to educational establishments in the local area. You will be providing a comprehensive range of professional onsite and remote ICT support services and technology solutions to schools, academies and colleges.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Sep 2017
05 Apr 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Checking and cleaning equipment, undertaking minor repairs and replacement of parts as necessary
- Liase with ICT Service Manager on the repair of equipment
- Assist in the management of stock control, ICT equipment, consumables and software to ensure new stock is security eteched and associated administrative tasks are kept up to date (i.e. ordering delivering, maintaining records, providing reports)
- Undertake such other technical duties within the school as may be required
- Liase with other technical staff and with teaching staff as appropriate
- Support staff and students in the use of our sound and lighting box in the community theatre.
Requirements and prospects
- A thorough knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software
- excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety
- Driving licence required as the apprentice will be driving to and from schools in the company van.
- Good interpersonal and vocal communication skills
- Good literacy and written communication skills
- Well organised
- Have confidence interacting with customers onsite, via telephone, and email
- Adaptive to new challenges and situations
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
About the employer
Schools are more reliant now than ever on Information Technology (ICT), whether in person, remotely or by telephone our team are ready to answer your technical and ICT related questions in order to keep your school running smoothly.
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Bristol for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 4 Trailblazer – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- City & Guilds Higher Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L4 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Digital Network Resilience (Knowledge Module 2)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Environment for IT (Knowledge Module 3)
- CompTIA Network plus (N10-006) Exam (Proxy Vendor Certification for Knowledge Module 1
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017