Warehouse Team Manager Apprentice GIST LIMITED
Starting as a Warehouse Operative in year one learning how to intake products, pick orders and load vehicles. Opportunities to shadow different departments, giving you understanding of the whole operation. Developing in to a Team Manager by the end of year three with exposure to management activities throughout the scheme.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
29 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
During this three year development programme to become one of our future Team Managers. We will support you every step of the way in gaining your qualifications and with on the job learning. The majority of your training will be delivered in the workplace. You will also be offered internal management training which focuses on leadership styles and how to communicate effectively.
You will begin your journey in our warehouse which is a busy and fast-paced environment that is filled to the brim with products that come in and are then turned around to go back out again. This relies on a dedicated team of people that are communicating and working closely together. We work day and night shifts, bank holidays and weekends to make this happen.
Main duties include:-
- To unload and check product from suppliers
- To pick, stack and prepare product for dispatch
- To load outbound delivery vehicles
- To process returning equipment
- To complete relevant checks and paperwork
The majority of our depots are picking operations. This means that large amounts of product arrives from a supplier and then needs to be divided into smaller quantities for distribution to our customers. Our operatives are well-trained in using our warehouse technologies, safety procedures and other areas so our customers receive the right products, on time, and in perfect condition.
As we deal in chilled and frozen products, our warehouses are often temperature controlled and we provide our operatives with fleeces, gloves and other protective clothing.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication with a passion for people
- Embrace opportunities for development to team manager role
- Take ownership of your career and build relationships with your support network
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grades A* - D
- Due to the requirement to work over a 24 hour shift pattern, you must be 18 years or over by 4 December 2017
Things to consider
About the employer
The apprenticeship programme will consist of:
• A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Outsource
• Allocation of an Outsource assessor who will carry out regular assessment, mentoring and support visits
• Off the job training at one of Outsource’s training centres
• On the job training delivered by the employer
• Quarterly formal progress review meetings with the Outsource assessor and employer
The apprenticeship will consist of the following elements:
• National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – This part of the qualification is assessed on the job through observations of performance, professional discussions, product evidence, professional discussions and Q&A sessions to judge job competency
• Knowledge and Understanding – This part of the qualification is to ensure all the teaching and learning through on the job development and off the job training is retained and demonstrated through performance in your job role
• Functional Skills – This part of the programme provides those apprentices who have not achieved GCSE’s in English and Maths the opportunity to gain a qualification in English, Mathematics and ICT. Those candidates that have achieved GCSE’s in these subjects may be exempt
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Outsource Training and Development
Recruitment Team 08455199455
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2017