Apprentice Dental Nurse The Balsall Common & Meriden Group Pratice
Working towards a level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner. Must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing and be prepared to help in other areas of the practice.
Closing date: 02 May 2018
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
09 May 2018
06 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role includes:
- Taking instruction from the dentist in surgery and responding efficiently and accurately
- Preparing the surgery and any relevant materials in advance of treatments taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
- Ensure the correct dental instruments are to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed and materials have been mixed if required
- Ensure the dentist’s comments regarding the condition of the patients mouth throughout the check up are recorded correctly
- Tidy and clean the surgery once treatments are complete in preparation for the next day/session
- Adhere strictly to infection control procedures within the practice
- Man the reception desk welcoming patients to the practice, booking appointments, taking payments and answering telephone calls
- Assist in administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date
- General housekeeping duties
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice.
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible.
- Working sometimes under pressure dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently.
- Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Record information relayed by the Dentist accurately at all times
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area
- Booking appointments
- Cleaning equipment and surgery
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
5 GCSEs Grades A to C including Maths and English or equivalent.
About the employer
Working towards a level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing for a large independent Dental Practitioner.
Health - Dental Nursing
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Katie 0121 667 5018
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 May 2018