Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship ST Michael & All Angels Catholic Primary School
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
30 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Working within a Primary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Be involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
- Working with children aged 4 – 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
Requirements and prospects
- Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious – hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of A*-C GCSE grades in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
ST Michael & All Angels Catholic Primary School
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF)
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and ICT
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Ella Hudson 0151 609 1193 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017